Sunday, January 8, 2017

Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve

I went on an adventure to Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve county park on Lake Butler, southeast of Orlando. It has miles of well marked trails for hiking. My long peaceful walk was on wooded trails through several different Florida ecosystems. There was a boardwalk over the wetland areas which led to a swamp. I finished my hike on the Palmetto Loop. The signs warned that the two mile path often floods. Although it was muddy, it was one of my favorite parts of the park.

Baby American Alligators at the Vera Carter Environmental Center

Wetlands boardwalk

Swamp

Pond lily

Slash Pine

Wooded path

Reindeer Moss

Beautyberry

Spanish Moss Sky

Bird House

Fan Palm



1 comment:

leemikcee said...

Beth, you're making wonderful use of all the free time on your hands. Hugs!